Photo: Getty Images
So you landed the date with that person you've been trying to link up with, so coffee on a first date seems like a safe choice, right? Well not if you hope on getting a 2nd Date (this is why we have a podcast for 2nd Date Update....LISTEN HERE). Australian dating coach Louanne Ward is not a fan of the casual coffee date as a first date and calls it a '2nd Date Killer."
Ward believes meeing for a lame cup of coffee right off the bat could be the reason so many are still single. So these are the 5 reasons you shouldn't make the first date a coffee date:
- Cafes are noisy, uncomfortable and crowded.
- They are one of the most distracting places with people coming and going which takes the attention away from you.
- You sit across from each other with a table between you creating a barrier.
- Knowing you only have a short time together on a typical coffee date, you may try to fire off interview-style questions so you check off all the important ones.
- There’s not much chance to extend the date unless you plan on drinking back-to-back coffees.
Besides avoiding the “boring” coffee first date, what do you do to make sure you're not on the 2nd Date Update?