Photo: Getty Images/Mark Tan/EyeEm/Ivan
Do you have plans to be at a backyard Barbecue anytime soon? Well you know you'll at least have a few basic choices, hot dogs or hamburgers, and what you prefer may say a lot about your personality.
The new Applegate survey, just released in time for National Hot Dog Day (which hello...is today), finds:
- 75% of people will opt for burgers over hot dogs.
- But those who prefer a dog over a burger are more likely to be…
- Picky eaters (34% vs. 29%)
- Single-taskers (24% vs. 19%)
- Extroverts (24% vs. 19%)
- Burger fans do tend to think they are more open minded than hot dog fans (52% vs. 46%).
- Burger fans also believe…
- They are more kind (57% vs. 52%)
- They get more laughs (47% vs. 42%)
- Although it’s the subject of constant debate, it seems most people do agree that both burgers and hot dogs are a sandwich.
- In fact, 70% of people say a sandwich is “any food between two pieces of bread.”
- As for how folks prefer to eat their hotdogs:
- 75% put their condiments on first before adding the hot dog.
- One in three say it makes less of a mess.
- As for American’s favorite condiment, ketchup wins the honor (63%) over mustard (27%).