Photo: Getty Images
Since the pandemic began last March, frozen food sales have been steadily growing as more people are staying in. So the good employees at TJ's decided it was time to make their own top 10 list of the best frozen items the chain has to offer. Now our shopping lists have grown a lot.
- Mandarin Orange Chicken– This was chosen as “Favorite Entrée” and “Favorite Overall.” They suggest pairing it with rice and a salad for an easy, balanced meal.
- French Onion Soup– Employees point out that it’s easy to prepare in a microwave and near-restaurant quality.
- Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe– Simply sauté the noodles, add the sauce packet and two tablespoons of water in a skillet for less than 10 minutes.
- Penne Arrabbiata– Their pick for a “heat and eat” pasta entrée. Just add chicken or Italian sausage for protein for a heartier meal.
- Breaded Chicken Tenderloin Breasts– Good on their own, the TJ’s folks are also sharing a great recipe: toss the tenderloins in Trader Joe’s Marinara Sauce, add parmesan cheese and cradle ‘em in Hawaiian rolls...and you’ll have Chicken Parm Sliders.
- Cauliflower Gnocchi– They’re ready to prep in an air fryer...just toss in your favorite sauce and if you want, add a protein.
- Uncooked Grass-Fed Angus Beef Burgers– Buy them frozen (at $5.99 a pound) and use in any way you see fit.
- Branzino Filets– These sell for $9.99 for four filets in a bag...and they’re ready to roll in a skillet with a little EVOO and some seasoning.
- Garlic Naan– A favorite that many of Trader Joe’s employees prefer to restaurant versions.
- Chocolate Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert– A vegan non-dairy product that hits the mark with almost everyone.