Photo: Getty Images/Virojt Changyencham
COVID 19 has basically kept a lot of Americans from traveling this past year. For some people that just can't happen. We need our vacation time. As Americans we already eat through our lunch and work at our desks just to get through the day, and never use our vacations. Well this might be changing soon.
A new AAA survey finds:
- 67% of Americans are planning some sort of vacation before the end of the year.
- 20% of those who are haven’t booked that trip yet, and plan to wait til they are within a week of traveling.
- 80% of those planning to travel will be taking a road trip, with most likely going to destinations known for outdoor recreation and socially distanced fun.
- Among the top road trip destinations:
- Denver, CO
- Las Vegas, NV
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Keystone, SD
- Portland, OR
- Phoenix, AZ
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Myrtle Beach, SC
Meanwhile,a survey conductedby the Travel Leaders Group and World Travel and Tourism council suggests folks are waiting until 2021 for vacations.
According to that poll
- 70% of U.S. and Canadian travelers are holding off until 2021 for their next vacation.
- 45% of those people have already booked their trip, while 54% are thinking about it.
- Top destinations for 2021 include:
- Europe (38%)
- The Caribbean (34%)
- Mexico (15%)
So are you planning on taking a vacation just to get out of the house?