Photo: Getty Images/Luchezar
We knew it was coming and now the Facebook Dating feature is finally available in the U.S. after being used in other countries. So how do you hook up? Well.....
- It's connected to your Facebook profile- All you have to do is opt-in to join and it will suggest people based on your preferences and interests, but what happens on Facebook Dating stays in Facebook Dating and won’t be shared with your Facebook friends.
- You’ll be able to share your Facebook and Instagram stories- This feature will help “you show, rather than tell” who you are, but it won’t be available until the end of 2020.
- You can add Instagram posts to your profile- You can’t add Stories yet, but you can add posts and that’s a plus for those who use Instagram a lot.
- You can connect to groups and events- So you can see who has similar interests or is going to the same event as you.
- There’s a Secret Crush feature- You can pick up to nine people from Facebook and Instagram that you follow and put them on your Secret Crush list, but they’ll only find out if they do the same with you.
- You can share details about your date- If you want to, you can share your location or details about your date with friends through Messenger, so you can feel safe on your date.
- You can comment right on a profile- Along with the potential matches they suggest, you can also make the first move by commenting directly on someone’s profile or tapping the Like button.