Here’s the reality of dating – if you’re doing it right, you’re probably not doing it often. Why? Because you don’t even waste your breath on the ones you know aren’t right for you. It’s time we finally retire our terrible dating habits and cut back on bad dates. Here are some bad dating habits you should ditch this year:
- Keeping the wrong ones around – You don’t have time to waste someone else’s time. If you know they’re not right for you, cut them loose and leave the date.
- Thinking you did something wrong – Things don’t work out for a variety of reasons, and sometimes, people are just plain ol’ not interested. Move on!
- Rejecting rejection – Don’t dwell on being rejected. Focus on finding the next best thing.
- Flirting wrong – Give yourself five seconds to show you’re interested. If they’re into you, they’ll start doing some of the work, too.
- Prioritizing a love interest – You need to be prioritizing the main person in your life… YOU. Follow basic flight rules and secure your oxygen mask before helping others.
- Missing “me time” – No matter how much you love spending time with your bae, you need a healthy dose of “me time” to get your brain in order.
- Going for quantity over quality – What’s better? A thousand bad dates, or one really good one? We all know the answer.
- Ignoring red flags – Listen for signs the person isn’t right for you early on and save yourself the heartbreak later.
This is only the beginning, folks. We’ve all been prone to sticking with our bad dating habits, and it’s kept us single or heartbroken for long enough! Let’s put the bad dating games in the past and focus on finding ourselves worthy partners! You can check out the entire list of bad dating habits HERE.
Photo: Getty Images/NurPhoto