8 Cheating Warning Signs Not To Ignore
1. He's jumpy with his cell phone.Is he suddenly turning it off? Putting the ringer on silent? Does he lay his phone down with the screen hidden? If you're noticing that he's getting protective or nervous when he gets calls or texts, or if he's not responding right away to your text messages or calls, it may be time for a talk.
2. He's pulling HoudinisIf he's disappearing, traveling, or unavailable to the point where you're starting to wonder, he could be cheating. Pay extra attention if a pattern develops around his disappearing acts. He may be syncing up his schedule with someone.
3. His behavior changes.Is your guy sensitive? Sensitive guys who cheat feel guilty and they sometimes compensate for it by buying gifts for no reason. On the other hand, if he has no feelings or compassion, he may make you suffer by giving you less attention — and less sex. A decrease in sex sometimes signals serious issues in the relationship.
4. He's suddenly picking fights and acting moody.Cheaters sometimes pick fights because it gives them a reason to get mad and storm out of the house — and thus the opportunity to meet a lover. A cheater may also do this because of mixed emotions he's feeling about betraying you.
5. He's acting emotionally distant.A sudden emotional disconnect should be investigated, regardless of whether it's caused by cheating. There's a problem if he's not laughing or if he doesn't seem as passionate as usual. It's hard to spread love and passion between two people, so the person who used to have it will feel it slipping away if it's being given to someone else.
6. His taste in music suddenly changes.For instance, if he always listened to pop music but suddenly starts listening to country music, he may be influenced by a new person in his life.
7. He's getting caught in other lies.If you catch your partner in a small lie, your trust will naturally be damaged. You can forgive, but don't forget. However, If he's consistently breaching your trust, it's establishing a pattern of behavior that leads to cheating. If he keeps lying, whether these lies are big or small, do yourself a favor and get out while you can and don't let him talk his way back in.
8. Your gut says he's cheating.Don't ignore your sixth sense. People are gifted at sensing when something isn't right. Whether there are red flags in your relationship that are clueing you in or not, if something feels off, don't ignore that feeling. Usually that feeling is right, and something intangible may have led to you figuring it all out.
Photo: Getty Images/NBC