State Question 788 was written to "legalize the licensed use, sale, and growth of marijuana in Oklahoma for medical purposes". The license, which must be approved by an Oklahoma board-certified physician, would be required for the use and possession of marijuana for medicinal purposes. The license would be issued by the Oklahoma State Department of Health if the applicant is 18-years-old and an Oklahoma resident.
The state question means a person with a state issued medical marijuana license could:
1) Consume marijuana legally
2) Legally possess up to three ounces of marijuana on their person
3) Legally possess six mature marijuana plants
4) Legally possess six seedling plants
5) Legally possess one ounce of concentrated marijuana
6) Legally possess 72 ounces of edible marijuana
7) Legally possess up to eight ounces of marijuana in their residence.
Governor Mary Fallin has already issued a statement regarding the question passing.