There’s a way to make your first meal of the day something that will help you lose weight in the long run. Nutritionists Stephanie Clarke and Willow Jarosh have ideas about what you can eat in the morning to help you shed a few pounds. Here are some guidelines:
- Aim for 300 and 400 calories.
- Devote about half of your breakfast to carbs.
- Devote a quarter of your breakfast to protein.
- Have about 10 grams of monounsaturated fats like olive oil, nuts, and seeds.
- Make sure there’s a touch of fiber in your meal.
- Don’t exceed 6 grams of sugar.
- Eat within half an hour to an hour of waking up.
A few great options that fit these guidelines are oats with fruit and nuts, egg wraps, or a smoothie and hard-boiled egg.