If you couldn’t catch up on the 2017 dating trends, saddle up…you’re about to be flooded with the new dating trends of 2018. Modern dating can throw you for a serious loop, so it’s time we got the new terms under our belt and understood what kind of demons we’re up against. Here are the dating trends to beware of in 2018:
- Flexting – This is when you flex your muscles online before you meet in real life. It’s like bragging, but worse.
- Cricketing – If you have your “read receipts” on but don’t text back, congratulations. You’re a cricketer (and a jerk).
- Ghostbusting – This is when you keep texting someone EVEN when they’re ghosting you.
- Seredipidating – Have you ever left things up in the air just in case something better comes along? You’re a seredipidater.
- Fauxbae’ing – This is when someone pretends to have a boo on social media, but really they’re single. Probably doing it to make an ex jealous.
There are a ton of terrible dating trends out there that are just now coming to light and getting names. Watch out, folks! It’s rough out there.
Source: Business Insider