If you’re having trouble sticking to your New Year’s resolutions to keep going to the gym and eat healthier, maybe you just need to focus more on being kind to yourself instead. Here are some ways you can put you first in 2018:
- Focus on your brain – It’s your most important body part after all! Focus on learning and your mental health.
- Get rid of toxic relationships – If someone in your life isn’t serving you anymore, let them go. It’s time to get rid of the things that keep us down.
- Exercise for the right reasons – It’s not just trying to get snatched. You have to do it for your brain and your body.
- Do the things you love more – If you really enjoy doing something, make an effort to include it in your day.
- Don’t feel guilty spending a little money sometimes – Money will come and go as you grow. Just be grateful you have an income!
- Worry less about what other people think – You can’t please them all!
- Treat yourself how you want to be treated – You have to be as nice to yourself as you’d like other people to be.
- Eat dessert – Go for it! Eat the crappy thing every once in a while!
Life’s too short to cut out chocolate cake every night of the week. And it’s still possible to take care of your body on top of that!