We probably all have an inner voice that’s a little meaner than our usual, more friendly and self-loving one. Negative self-talk can lead to some serious mental health issues, so it’s best to stop the bastard in its tracks before the thoughts become a little more regular. Here are some toxic thoughts that you should be letting go of ASAP!
- “Everyone’s life is so much better than mine.” - It’s easy to think that everyone’s life is better than yours these days with their beautiful Instagrams in your face at all times.
- “I’m such a failure...” - Give yourself credit for even the tiniest of successes!
- “I won’t be happy until I do XYZ.” - Look at goals as a journey, not a destination. You’ll be much happier if you’re not holding onto crazy goals for your happiness.
- “This ALWAYS happens.” - Don’t get yourself stuck in a cycle of thinking that bad things always happen to you. Recognize the good things too!
- “I hate the way I look.” - Look in the mirror and be prepared to point out all of the things you love about yourself instead. You only get one body!
- “I’m not smart enough for this...” - You won’t know if you’re really not good enough until you try! And you probably ARE good enough.
- “There’s something wrong with me.” - You’re not damaged goods. There’s always room for betterment and loving yourself!
- “I can’t do this.” - Start out every project with a positive affirmation!
- “Nobody wants to hear my opinion.” - Take a deep breath and let people hear what you have to say!
- “I should be doing better.” - You’re always doing the best you can, which is PLENTY.
- “I’ll never be good enough.” - You will be and are always good enough. Never doubt your entire being!
It’s easy to be negative when there are so many good things around you to be positive about. Negative thoughts do nothing but hold you back! Let them go and have