Fall is here! Which means it’s time to whip out our sweaters, boots, and dark lips. Who doesn’t love playing up their lipstick game in the colder months? But there’s a right and wrong way to do it. Even better? “Cosmo” is here to give us some pointers. Here’s how to rock a dark lip in the colder months:
- Eliminate skin redness - You want to get your canvas looking as neutral as possible before you swipe on a dark lip.
- Know what shade will suit you - There are many undertones to a dark lip. Try them all out and figure out which are best for you: pink, brown, blue, or red.
- Test the color out before committing - Try on lipsticks to really determine if they’re a good fit.
- Apply with a lip brush - Dark shades can get messy and uneven. It’s best to apply with a brush.
- Apply liner later - Give your lips a borderline after you’ve already put the lipstick on to avoid an overwhelming look.
- Skip the glossy finish - Matte is super in right now, so it’s okay to skip the gloss. It can cause the color to feather and look messier.
- Wear it with confidence - If you’re going to rock a dark color, do with with purpose. Own your dark lips!
Get out there and get into your prime fall aesthetic!!