We’re out in the working world now, which means we have to stretch ourselves in different ways in the office setting. It’s not just impressing Tinder dates anymore. Now, we have a slew of coworkers and bosses to woo as well. Many say that the key to really nailing those important meetings is “feeling powerful before you go into it.” Okay, but HOW? Here are some ways to help you out:
- Plug in your headphones. Get your mind in the zone by listening to your favorite tunes. Anything with a heavy bass can make you feel a little more powerful.
- Wear red. Go for the fiery colors on the day of your big meeting. Bold colors are said to be associated with feeling powerful.
- Spritz your favorite fragrance. If you smell the part, you can act the part, too. Don’t give your coworkers any pit stains or B.O. to catch a whiff of.
- Take a selfie. Taking selfies is actually linked to a boost in self-confidence over time.
- Sweat it out. Hit the gym regularly so you can feel 100% there mentally and physically. This will boost your office confidence.
And remember to trust yourself! You were given this job for a reason. You’re definitely a capable rockstar at this point!
Source: Huffington Post