We see it happen in movies and some of our old favorite 90s TV shows, but friends can end up in romantic relationships with each other in real life, too. And it makes sense that you think about it. You already spend lots of time together and know you like this person, plus you know their values and sense of humor - all very important with someone you’re dating.
Of course, there are downsides to dating your friend. Just confessing your crush on your buddy can lead to awkwardness and nobody wants that. And when you try taking your friendship to the next level and it ends badly, it can be a disaster for you both and your group of friends.
So how do you know if you should go for it or not? Here are some signs you should give the transition from friend to significant other or friend with benefits a try:
- You always end up hanging out together - When you’re hanging with your group of friends, you and this person always end up palling around. And at weddings, you’re always heading to the bar when a slow dance comes on.
- You always look forward to seeing them - When you know this person is going somewhere, that makes you more excited because you know you’ll have fun together.
- You’ve definitely thought about it - You might not have hooked up yet, but you’re not opposed to getting physical.
- They’re your type - When you think about the qualities you want in someone you’re dating, this person checks all the boxes. So what are you waiting for again?
- You’ve gotten a little jealous - If your friend starts hooking up with someone new, you miss hanging out with them at parties and dinners and may have even been a bit of a jerk to their new fling. So maybe it’s time you admit how you feel and see what happens.
Source: Hello Giggles