There are some friends we’re lucky enough to have for a long time. But other friendships just don’t last. So if you’ve been feeling unsure about a former bestie’s place in your life, here are some subtle signs your friendship is coming to an end.
- It takes too much energy to be on good terms – If you’re always fighting and then going through a “make-up” period, that’s a bad sign.
- You don’t feel the need to check in – If you don’t even feel like seeing what your pal is up to or saying hi every once in awhile, it’s pretty much over.
- The bad times outnumber the good – If you don’t have fun doing things with your friend anymore, what’s the point?
- You have nothing to talk about anymore – If you have more awkward silences with your buddy than good talks, that’s a red flag.
- Your life doesn’t feel different without them – If you finally realize you haven’t talked to them or hung out in forever and you didn’t even miss them, your friendship is probably over.