Fans of Olympic figure skating have probably started noticing that competitors can now use songs with vocals, and because of that many of them have been inspired to pick contemporary tunes, rather than the stuffy music we’re used to hearing.
The team competition took place this weekend, and songs used in competition included:
- South Korea’s ice dancing pair Yura Min and Alexander Gamelin performed to a medley that included “Despacito.” Mariah Carey’s “My All,” and Thalia’s Mujer Latina."
- Italy’s Matteo Rizzo performed to The Beatles’ “Come Together,” “Let It Be” and “Help Me.”
- Canada's Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford performed to Adele’s“Hometown Glory.”
- France’s Maé-Bérénice Méité performed to a Beyoncé medley that included “Run the World (Girls)," as well as a rendition of "Halo”
- American figure skater Adam Rippon skated to a Coldplay medley, that included their song “O.”
- Canada's Patrick Chan performed to Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah"
Other artists expected to be heard in this year’s Olympic figure skating competition include Celine Dion, Madonna, Lorde, Ed Sheeran, Queen and more.